Credit Card Application

Posted in Labels:


Recently an agency called me regarding credit card application. They told me that I can have a free credit card, all I have to do is to give them my photocopy of my NRIC (Identification Card). I told them that I am not working, but the marketer told me that it was alright. I was puzzled. I did not believe her. Later she told me that it is special promotion from one of the bank, especially for women. She asked me to try since I do not need to pay for anything. I agreed and she sent the courier service to my house to collect my NRIC and I had to sign the application form.
The special features of the card includes 0% balance transfers for the first six months and for two years the card will be free. However, a few days later I received the marketer call again. She told me that my card application is declined. I had already expected that. I asked for my photocopy of NRIC to be returned to be. They did not return my original copy of NRIC.
It is so stupid of me to trust what the marketer said. Though I know very well that I cannot apply for any credit card (since I am not working), I still never give up the chance to apply for any credit card. Having credit cards 0% can save a lot of money when used correctly. It is very convenient to have credit cards too. However, this incidence has taught me not to be greedy for any credit card anymore. I do not know if the marketer will misuse my original photocopy of my NRIC. I feel so bad and unsecure after that.